Amersham & District Residents Association was formed in the early 1960s and acts for all who live in Amersham-on-the-Hill, Old Amersham, Amersham Common, Chesham Bois and Weedon Hill.
The objectives of the Association are:
- To encourage and support any actions which:
a) Help to maintain or improve the quality of life for residents in Amersham, Chesham Bois and surrounding areas;
b) Help to maintain or improve the local environment, especially with respect to the Green Belt, Conservation areas or Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- To maintain effective communication between residents and the Local Councils and other relevant agencies.
- To co-operate with other relevant agencies within the area.
- To maintain an active, non-party-political, stance in local affairs in order to represent all residents.
What do we do?
- We liaise with local councils on matters of significance to the community, such as planning applications, HS2 etc. and endeavour to keep members informed about major issues.
- Where appropriate, we provide representation at planning appeal hearings.
- We sponsor local projects such as Amersham in Bloom.
- We keep in regular contact with local councils about environmental and highways problems, to try to ensure that these are dealt with promptly.
- We liaise with the Local Community Board and the Amersham Action Group.
Our Chairman and Planning, Environment and Highways Officers are always happy to hear from members and other residents about matters which concern them and will do their best to help. Contact details can be found on the Committee page.